Tuesday, November 4, 2014

TED 2009: Jim Stolze Asks "Can You Live without the Internet?" Perf. Brian Cox, Philip Zimbardo, Aimee         Mullins. 2009. Film.

        Jim Stolze speaks about the internet. He is speaking to a large crowd, talking about what would happen if we didn't have the internet. This does not relate to kids and the usage of internet, but I would also like to compare the intelligence of adults in my paper. The tools that he use in his speech was a test. He did an experiment on himself, going a month without using the internet. The first week was okay, he was still adapting to life without the internet. The second week he was feeling some regret. The third week came and he finally found at peace. When the fourth and final week came and he was almost finished, he was questioning it all. What does he do next? This experiment shows that there are many emotions with the usage of the internet. This can lead to an intelligence difference between children or adults that use the internet one hour a day compared to six. The big picture links the use of the internet to happiness. I am going to be using this video in my project to show that kids who grow up with the internet might feel this kind of emotion or worse if they ever try to give it up in the future. I plan on finding more videos and articles that relate to emotion, I think that this could be a good couple paragraphs in my paper. I also believe that the experiment aspect is neat and I might try to find more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment